Setting Lever Springs For MF35 Hydraulics
Making the settings on the lever springs for the Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic system is quite a fiddly job, and the method is shown in detail on the MF35 Hydraulics DVD. However, we just thought that a written description of the process may also help.
So here it is…
- Loosen retainer nut and eccentric cam.
- Make sure quadrant levers are set at their sector marks. The round lever exactly over where it says ‘FAST’, the square lever next to where it says ‘DRAFT’ between the two dots and exactly where the arrow is.
- Make sure the lift arms are in the fully lowered position. (that is upwards if the top cover is flipped upside down).
- Make sure your spring balance is connected right at the top of the lever (if it is connected lower down the lever it will require more force to move the lever).
- When 3 lb. of pressure is applied it should only just spring it into contact with the front of the slot in the lever support bracket.
- Obviously adjustment of the spring pressure is made with the self-locking nut on the guide rods.